PIT - Allegheny County Airport Authority : Employment Opportunity (Baggage Operator)
||March 7, 2014 TO March 19, 2014
||Maintenance (Airline Services)
||$13.6000 per hour, base rate (as per union contract)
||General Laborers & Materials Handlers Local Union #1058
Under the close supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, this position performs manual tasks for Airline Services.
- Work safely and abide by all ACAA safety guidelines;
- Develop or participate in the job safety analysis procedures;
- Operate scissor lift platform equipment;
- Clear baggage jams;
- Identify airline sponsored property via IATA bar code tags;
- Move baggage when directed;
- Load baggage into conveyor systems when required;
- Empty all trash receptacles in the Airline Services area;
- Clean all area associated with the transference of airline baggage;
- Clean Airline Service shop areas;
- Manually assign baggage within the conveyor systems;
- Monitor and “call out” baggage system faults;
- Understand the use and demonstrate the ability to use an “ACAA required” lockout/tagout program;
- Wash Airline Service vehicles, interior and exterior;
- Clean the exit windows of the automatic tag reader laser heads;
- Assists Airline Service trades;
- Works with a high degree of responsibility and awareness for the safety practices and standards of an international airport in these and other similar types of tasks and,
- Performs other related work as assigned or directed.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High School diploma or GED;
- Valid PA Class “C” Drivers License and ability to maintain the same throughout employment.
- Must provide his/her own personal protective footwear (Composite toe safety shoes)
- Must adhere to ACAA guidelines set forth by the Department of Maintenance Dress Code and Personal Protective Equipment policy.
- Must adhere to ACAA policies and procedures.
- Considerable knowledge in the:
- practices, methods, and materials of the airline services baggage jammer.
- occupational hazards and techniques of safety precautions and injury prevention programs.
- Considerable ability to:
- work according to standard practices, using the materials and equipment of the occupation.
- work well with others.
- The ability to operate a scissor lift platform.
- The ability to identify an airline using the IATA barcode designation.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to the Allegheny County Airport Authority, Pittsburgh International Airport. Attn: Human Resources, Landside Terminal, 4th Floor Mezzanine P.O. Box 12370, Pittsburgh, PA 15231-0370
EOE / M / F / D / V