PIT - Allegheny County Airport Authority : Employment Opportunity (Air Service Development/Corp Affairs Intern)
||AIR SERVICE DEVELOPMENT/CORPORATE AFFAIRS INTERN
||Air Service Development
Corporate & Community Affairs
||Director, Air Service Development
Director, Corporate & Community Affairs
||November 7, 2013
The internship position will expose the student to the business process of working with airlines to understand their business needs and demands. The intern will receive hands on experience through marketing activities for the development of air carrier and air cargo services for the Allegheny County Airport Authority. In addition, the internship will expose the student to corporate and business partners and some work with government relations.
- Analyze and manipulate raw data through marketing research for the purpose of developing market analysis reports.
- Participate in market events such as the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership/Farmers Market.
- Research and development of an Airport Loyalty Card extending to air travel, car rental, and concessions at PIT.
- Research and develop new literature for the PIT Connector; work with small airports on marketing strategies and assist in creating relevant survey materials.
- Marketing retention programs and summer events through partnering with the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership to promote designated carriers and air routes
- On-line research to monitor community strengths, gain exposure to the community and regional market intelligence.
- Update air service promotional materials and the cargo website.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned or required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong organizational ability.
- Analytical thinking skills.
- Knowledge of working with statistics.
- Manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
The following requirements list the minimum education/training required to qualify for this job.
- Second year undergraduate from an accredited four-year college or university in business administration, marketing, aviation management or a related field or equivalent industry experience.
- Must maintain a cumulative G.P.A. of 3.0 or greater.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED/ RECEIVED
None/Receives direct guidance from the Director of Air Service Development and Director of Corporate and Community Affairs.
The physical demands that are described here are representative of those that must be met by an intern to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the intern is regularly required to talk to hear to see. The intern is regularly required to stand, sit and walk. The intern is regularly required to use hands to finger handle and feel; reach with hands and arms, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The intern must frequently lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distant vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the intern is seldom exposed to moving mechanical parts that exceed those of standard office equipment. The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TESTING:
Internship is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug screening.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION:
Ability to successfully pass a thorough investigation consisting of a criminal history check (including but not limited to the requirements of TSR 1542.209), verification of prior employment and performance, reference and credentials checks, and in some cases credit history.
Interested candidates should submit a Cover Letter/Resume and Unofficial Transcript to Allegheny County Airport Authority, Pittsburgh International Airport. Attn: Human Resources, Landside Terminal, 4th Floor Mezzanine P.O. Box 12370, Pittsburgh, PA 15231-0370
EOE / M / F / D / V