PIT - Allegheny County Airport Authority : Employment Opportunity (Driver)
||Maintenance (Field Maintenance)
||Working Supervisor or Maintenance Supervisor
||$24.2778 per hour, base rate (as per union contract)
||Non - Exempt
||Teamsters, Local #249
Under direct supervision of the Working Supervisor or Field Maintenance Supervisor, this position involves operating trucks, snow plows and other equipment as required to maintain the airport in an operational condition. Working assigned shifts, the Driver is required to be available for overtime during the snow season to operate snow removal equipment.
- Work safely and abide by all ACAA safety guidelines;
- Develop or participate in the job safety analysis procedures;
- Operates vehicles and equipment such as single axle tandem and tri axle dump trucks, 28 foot snow plows, 20 passenger bus, 20 foot brush hog grass cutter, street sweepers, runway painting equipment, sewer cleaning equipment, deicer trucks with 50 foot & 75 foot booms, fuel truck and assorted trailers including 40 foot low boy trailer.
- Checks oil, hydraulic fluid and water levels
- Applies grease to vehicle and equipment lubrication points.
- Hauls equipment to job sites.
- Effectively communicates on radio.
- Travels on the A.O.A. using tower communications radio.
- Work all shifts as scheduled or assigned at a 24/7 operation.
- Employees are subject to remain on duty beyond assigned working hours to provide assistance during extenuating circumstances.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned or required.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- High School diploma or GED;
- Two years of experience as a driver in a maintenance environment.
- Must possess a current, valid Pennsylvania Class “A” Commercial Drivers License (C.D.L.) with the Tank/Hazmat (X.) and Passenger (P) commercial endorsements.
- Must provide his/her own personal protective footwear (Composite toe safety shoes)
- Must adhere to ACAA guidelines set forth by the Department of Maintenance Dress Code and Personal Protective Equipment policy.
- Must adhere to ACAA policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of F.A.A. ground control and radio procedures.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and techniques of safety precautions and injury prevention programs.
- Ability to work under adverse climatic conditions for extended hours.
- Must be able to effectively and clearly communicate by speaking, reading and writing in English.
- Ability to work all shifts scheduled or assigned in a 24/7 operation.
Posting Period: November 21, 2013 TO December 4, 2013
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to the Allegheny County Airport Authority, Pittsburgh International Airport. Attn: Human Resources, Landside Terminal, 4th Floor Mezzanine P.O. Box 12370, Pittsburgh, PA 15231-0370
EOE / M / F / D / V