ALLEGHENY COUNTY AIRPORT AUTHORITY ANNOUNCES HOLIDAY CHORAL PROGRAM
PITTSBURGH, PA (November 28, 2011) – If you are flying this holiday season, there is a good chance you will get to enjoy beautiful music and singing at the airport.
The Choral Concert Program at Pittsburgh International Airport is underway. The program features many local schools and youth music groups. The groups are performing on the Ticketing Level of the Landside Terminal. So even if you are going to the airport to pick someone up or drop someone off, you can still enjoy the sounds of the season and some of the area’s best young talent.
Pittsburgh International Airport holiday decorations are also on display. Local students make the tree decorations. Trees are decorated with ornaments made by students from Carnegie Elementary, Dutch Ridge Elementary, College Square Elementary, Forest Grove Elementary, Moon Area Middle School, Hopewell Memorial Junior High, South Side Beaver Elementary, Burkett/Ingram Elementary and Osborne Elementary School.
“The musical performances and original holiday ornament crafts are both part of the Art in the Airport Program at Pittsburgh International Airport. It is an important way to improve the passenger experience at PIT while also promoting the extraordinary talent of the young people in our region,” said Glenn R. Mahone, Chairman, Allegheny County Airport Authority.
Sounds of the Season Schedule – Pittsburgh International Airport
The Sounds of the Season music program features choirs and orchestras from local school student and community groups.
- Wednesday, Nov. 30, 12:00 p.m., West Allegheny Show Choir
- Friday, Dec. 2, 10:00 a.m., Moon Middle School Concert Choir and Touring Orchestra
- Monday, Dec. 5, 11:00 a.m., Highland Middle School Chorus
- Tuesday, Dec. 6, 10:00 a.m., Carlynton Vocal Arts
- Monday, Dec. 12, 6:00 p.m., Arena's Performing Arts Centre “The Centre Stage Dancers & Vocal Express"
- Tuesday, Dec. 13, 11:00 a.m., Pittsburgh Allegheny 4th and 5th Grade Choral Ensemble
- Wednesday, Dec. 14, 1:00 p.m., Robinson Township Christian School Chorus
- Thursday, Dec. 15, 10 a.m., Steel Valley High School Choir
- Friday, Dec. 16, 9:00 a.m., South Fayette High School Choir
- Friday, Dec. 16, 10 a.m., Grandview Elementary Chorus
- Friday, Dec. 16, 11:00 a.m., John Minadeo Elementary School Chorus
- Friday, Dec. 16, 12:00 p.m., Dilworth Traditional Academy Orchestra and Chorus
- Monday, Dec. 19, 10:00 a.m., Rhema Christian School Choir
- Monday, Dec. 19, 1:00 p.m., Pittsburgh CAPA Concert Choir
- Tuesday, Dec. 20, 10:00 a.m., Pittsburgh Obama 6-12 Chorus
- Thursday, Dec. 22, 10:00 a.m., Chartiers Valley Middle School Orchestra and Chorus
Schedule for Live Piano Performances:
Travelers will also enjoy music from Claudia Sanchez, the Passionate Pianist (www.PassionatePianist.com)., who will present piano entertainment for early morning departures on the Ticketing Level of Pittsburgh International Airport. Ms. Sanchez of Indiana, PA, will treat passengers and visitors with ambient live piano music to create a pleasant and enjoyable atmosphere during the busy holiday season. Week day programs are from 6:30to 8:30 am.
- Tuesday, Nov. 22, Classical music
- Wednesday, Nov. 23, Holiday music
- Sunday, Nov. 27, 3:30-5:30 pm, New Age music
- Monday, Nov. 28, Argentinean Folklore
- Monday, Dec. 12, Pop and American Standards from the 20´s to the 50's
- Tuesday, Dec. 13, Pop and American Standards from the 60's
- Wednesday, Dec. 14, Pop and American Standards from the 70's
- Thursday, Dec. 15, Pop and American Standards from the 80's
- Friday, Dec. 16, Pop and American Standards from the 90's until now
- Monday, Dec. 19, Neo-Classical music
- Tuesday, Dec. 20, Tango
- Wednesday, Dec. 21, Soundtracks from 20's to 70's
- Thursday, Dec. 22, Soundtracks from 80's to nowadays
- Friday, Dec. 23, Christmas music
- Tuesday, Dec. 27, Country music
- Wednesday, Dec. 28, Songs from Italy
- Thursday, Dec. 29, Songs from France
- Friday, Dec. 30, Songs from Spain and Latin America